the september issue.

the september issue / sfgirlbybay

some people go all gaga over the september fashion issue of vogue. but me, give me this kind of september issue from elle decoration UK and I’m jumping up and down for joy! don’t get me wrong, i love fashion, but if i have to choose, i’ll take decor, please. the cover story for the new issue of elle decoration Uk boasts the headline “is black the new white?” and the entire issue is chock full of some pretty smashing black & white interiors. it was hard to choose just one feature to share with you, so i’m offering up a smattering from a few different stories in the magazine today. i’ve always said “black is the new black”, but i’ll agree with the “new white”, too. i highly recommend picking up a copy of this issue. it’s a keeper.

the september issue / sfgirlbybay

• all photography via elle decoration UK.

Comments
12 Responses to “the september issue.”
  1. kristin says:

those rustic wood cabinets in the kitchen!

2. Sam Brownrigg says:

I’m pretty sure if you put me on a desert island with only five things of my choice an interiors mag would be top three!

3. WOW! Love this!!!! I need to get my hands on a copy of this mag. thank for the inspiration!!!
    megan

4. Jamie G says:

The first kitchen, in red, white and black, is SO divine!!! I would move in right now!
    xo
    Jamie @ SnapGinger Blog

5. That all-black backsplash in the last kitchen is to die for, especially with those wood cabinets…amazing. And I thought I was over chalkboard walls, but that beautiful one in the third photo is giving me second thoughts. Thanks for sharing–I’ll have to pick up my own copy!

6. Uncle Beefy says:

Oh, WOWZA! Yeah. That’s it. B&W (with wood) is just my jam. Not a single pic I wouldn’t move right into. Thanks for the heads up, V.! Will be scouting for my copy!

7. ADORE Elle Decoration UK, and always read their editor’s thoughtful musings. Really, head-and-shoulders above the rest. x

8. Anna says:

Heart eyes!! Yes please, decor over fashion any day. Thank you for the reminder of this issue, I just happen to be heading to London in two weeks – it better still be there or I might cry over my cuppa.

9. Blkbrrry says:

This is my friend’s apartment in Sweden!

10. Kim says:

It’s not just black really….it’s black and tan. Sometimes it’s just the tan in the wood floors, but it’s definitely black and tan. It’s been creeping into my life for about two and a half years now. This is my living room, though I don’t have those coffee tables anymore but rather an Adrian Pearsall Jacks coffee table. I love it but did lighten it all up a little with an abstract painting with some pink and orange in it. I do feel like it’s a classic Scandinavian look, but I wish I had decided on this scheme before I painted my walls creme. Would have preferred a white.

11. Catherine says:

Love every single one of these rooms, especially the kitchen with the black tile and wood cabinets.