sunday in the city.

sunday in the city / sfgirlbybay

happy anniversary to me! today marks 20 years i’ve lived in beautiful san francisco. sometimes it feels like forever that i’ve lived here and other days, it feels as though i’ve just arrived. i’m still wowed by views of the golden gate bridge, and i constantly turn a corner and see something incredible i’ve never seen before — a secret garden, the discovery of a tiny used bookstore, a crazy alleyway decorated in fading pastel paints. it’s a pretty magical place, this city, and it’s hard to imagine calling too many other places ‘home’. i was out shooting a few more photos for the book this weekend, and every time i head out with my camera i feel the joy i get from living here. i’m excited to share the book with you soon (in the spring) but in the meantime, here’s my sunday in the city.

sunday in the city / sfgirlbybay

sunday in the city / sfgirlbybay

sunday in the city / sfgirlbybay

sunday in the city / sfgirlbybay

sunday in the city / sfgirlbybay

Comments
18 Responses to “sunday in the city.”
  1. kristin says:

beautiful — and happy anniversary! sf seems like such a lovely place to live.

2. Nina says:

Great shots of the city. I love seeing other people’s view of SF. It’s such a unique place. Happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing!

3. Patricia says:

Happy Anniversary!! I totally understand your love for San Francisco. I got married there at city hall (pre-earthquake) decades ago. The marriage didn’t last, but my love for the city did. I try to get back whenever I can, and use your blog as a tour guide for places I want to go. Thanks for sharing, Victoria.

4. Samantha says:

happy 20 years in the great city of SF, Victoria! you are such a great ambassador for the city; your love for it really does come through in your posts and photos. thank you for sharing with us!

5. Victoria:
    These images are beautiful…love seeing your photography on your blog….makes me happy.
    xo
    Sarah

6. wow, how amazing for you!
    a very happy 20th anniversary…what a magical place to call home.

7. Sara says:

Happy anniversary with your city! And I thought a six month London anniversary was a big deal, twenty years, woah!
    San Francisco seems like such a lively, colorful, exciting city. I hope to visit someday!

8. Maria says:

20 Years…Amazing! I just love the airy and bright quality in your photos! I already love San Francisco, but your photos make me love it even more.

9. Bernie Wong says:

Congratulations!
    Every time I visit, it takes my breath away! I have to move there one of these days!

10. Lauren says:

San Francisco will always hold a special place in my heart!
    Congratulations – these photos are lovely!!

11. Josh says:

Amazing…. this weekend was my 10th anniversary in the Bay Area (all spend over on the other side of the Bay in Berkeley). You’ve got 10 years on me. Are we locals yet? Will we ever be? Happy anniversary to us.
    Josh

12. Sandra says:

Happy Anniversary. San Francisco is my favourite city; I’ve visited it several times and would love to live there if I could. Keep enjoying and can’t wait until your book comes out.

13. Brenda says:

Happy Anniversary Victoria! I love these pictures of one of my favorite cities.

14. Gabriela says:

Victoria,

Happy Anniversary…and lucky you. :o) Love SF. Great photos. Love the shot of the Transamerica Tower on Columbus Ave.

Gabriela

15. Jasmin says:

Congratulations! I live in Montreal and I’ve only ever spent one day in SF, but I get to experience it vicariously through your beautiful work almost every day. Thanks!

16. Sally says:

Your gorgeous photos really do make it look like such a magical place!
    Happy San Fran anniversary!

17. Kristin says:

Happy 20 years in SF! I own All Good Pizza and was thrilled to see our logo in your line up of amazing shots of SF! Thank you! Say hi next time you’re around!