at home with jihan of geronimo balloon troopers.

at home with jihan of geronimo balloon troopers / sfgirlbybay

you may be familiar with the amazing tour de force that is geronimo balloon troopers — a uniquely wonderful event company designing balloon creations beyond your wildest imagination — but perhaps you’ve never seen inside its creative mastermind, jihan zencirli’s beautiful home. i’d certainly never seen it, and when jihan posted some sneak peeks on facebook last week, i just had to convince her to let me share. she was actually most gracious about my enthusiasm (ahem, stalkerish squeals) and agreed right away — so you’re in for a treat. jihan lives in the echo park neighborhood on the east side of los angeles just down the road from her geronimo studio headquarters, in a sweet little bungalow i found incredibly inspiring.

at home with jihan of geronimo balloon troopers / sfgirlbybay

i’m making a mental note (no wait, i’m writing it down) of the lovely paint shade that is jihan’s bungalow. doesn’t that look like the most soothing color to come home to? it seems to compliment the nearby terra cotta rooftops and accentuate the lush plant life. inside, jihan’s home is just as pretty — spanish style archways lead from one pristine room to another — all uncluttered and seemingly displaying only what is truly treasured. this is a prime example of restrained elegance and something i constantly aspire to. jihan’s art collection is lovely, too — and that bust? she found it on the side of the road by a trash can, and spray painted it white! it’s perfect in this space, so that was a divine bit of serendipity. i love a good dumpster diver. jihan travels incessantly creating beautiful balloon bouquets for clients all over the world, so if you’d to live here, albeit temporarily, get in touch through the geronimo website about sub-letting her beautiful little bungalow.

at home with jihan of geronimo balloon troopers / sfgirlbybay

• all photographs by jennifer young.

Comments
28 Responses to “at home with jihan of geronimo balloon troopers.”
  1. Such a charming home! Love the color palette! I love how it is coral on the outside!
    xoxo Sydney at Twine Interiors

2. chesa says:

so lovely! do you know anything about the sign in the laundry room? i just love that!

3. Laura says:

Oh my, so so gorgeous!!! What a great post – I love it! :)

4. i had a feeling i would love jihan’s space – geronimo balloon is adorable and her home follows suit!

5. Erin says:

loving all of the art off of all the white! would love sources on the artists!

6. connie chang says:

i also want to know about the little marquee sign/board in the laundry room!

7. Heather says:

Beautiful space. Love, love, love the artwork. Are those Spenser Little wire sculptures I spy? His work is amazing. Thanks for letting us peek into your home :)

• Jihan says:

Yes! I found him in Seattle at the Fremont Market a few years ago and have collected 20/30+ pieces since then! He’s in San Diego now and I might host a show for him at my studio- so if you’re in LA, let me know!

8. Lisa says:

I love those white metal shelves! I need something like those for either side of my dining room window in my little apartment…

9. Hyeran says:

Your home is so beautiful! I have been looking for years for the right white dining table and sofa and yours look perfect! Can you share with us where they are from? Thanks in advance!

• jihan says:

Sofas are from the 50s, from my great-grandparent’s home and I’ve had them re-upholstered in white. They were originally bright orange tweed, which I loved but needed a refresher! :) The table is from CB2!

10. Wendy says:

wheres the dining room pendant from?

11. martha says:

Oh! I love love love this house… Total inspiration! May I ask what is the interior paint color is?

12. Kati says:

Where did you get those beautiful lantern like lights in the bedroom and living area. Do they have a specific name?

13. Katherine says:

I’ve been coming back to this over and over since you posted it! Such a simple, personal and inspiring space. May I ask for sources for the living room rug and the Moroccan table? I’d also like to know which white you chose for the interior, if you don’t mind!

14. Isabelle says:

Your appartment looks stunning! I love all about it!
    I love as well the white shelves in the dining room and where your washing machine is standing. May I ask where they are from?
    Thanks a lot!

15. sara says:

Absolutely beautiful home. I love all the white shelving throughout the home. May I ask where the shelving in the dining room is from?

16. Denise says:

love amaze and bright- please tell me if you know where bookcases are sold -thank you

17. Alecia says:

LOVE! Jihan where are your white shelves from?

18. Alecia says:

Also if you could provide any and all art sources (I saw a few above already). You’re taste is amazing! I am in the process of trying to research artwork I want to invest in, but feel completely lost where to start. Do you have any favorite online resources or where to shop online, since I am in Europe. THANKS!

19. Corina says:

Hi, I love the shelves and can’t seem to find anything similar to them. Where are they from? Do those type of shelves have a particular name? Thanks!!

20. morgan says:

all the shelving units are amazing + super minimal –where can they be found?

21. shannan edwards says:

Where did you get those fantastic Moroccan poufs I’ve never seen those color combinations your home is so lovely. p.s. I love following you on Instagram you are a very creative individual keep up the good work.