make mine chunky.

stadshem.

i’ve been noticing a trend lately or at least a whole lot of pinterest pins of some really chunky textiles — hand-knit pillows, rugs and bed throws and it’s a trend i quite like. it tempts me to run out and get some of those very fat knitting needles, or knitting noodles and see how long it takes me to make one of these beauties. when i see these though, i keep thinking ‘chunky monkey’ — must be too much ben & jerry’s on my brain. anyway, i digress — these are lovely and look like they’d keep you nice and cuddly warm all winter long — even while you’re knitting them. oh, and if you need some more inspiration check out this awesome instagram feed from modern wool.

nocturnal knits.

make mine chunky / sfgirlbybay

anna & ellit; daniella witte; nadine; beklina hand loomed rugs; helten kelt; and my paradissi.

stil inspiration.

aaseber on instagram.

modern hepburn.

make mine chunky / sfgirlbybay

some great knitting noodle inspiration from honestly wtf.

my paradissi.

stadshem.

dis og mia.

make mine chunky / sfgirlbybay

wool stitch knit blanket from the line; BLANKET FROM H&M VIA OH WHAT A ROOM; hitta hem; and monday to sunday home.

ollie & seb’s house.

Comments
13 Responses to “make mine chunky.”
  1. i am loving these chunky knits. looks like such an oversized production to make one though!

2. Haafner says:

Owh yes – lovely! Hardly anything says ‘home’ like wonderful, snug textiles. Well, in my humble opinion at least. ;-)
    And very nicely curated too – thanks for sharing!

3. Adrianna says:

Laura’s work is sooo beautiful. I love it so much!

4. These knits just have this cosy and homey feeling to them. Love them, really! Nevertheless, much work is to be done if you are to do them yourself.

5. P&F says:

Loving this post! I posted about faux fur blankets on my blog! would love if you checked it out! The chunky knit version is amazing!
    cheers,
    P&F

6. Annette says:

I also love these chunky knits. Anyone know where to purchase such chunky yarn?

7. Lisa says:

Does anybody know of a crochet pattern for the above? Thanks!

8. Davo says:

bonjour, j’adore la couverture géante!!! magnifique! question: ou puis-je trouver les aiguilles géantes? ainsi que la laine ou textile a tricoter, car cela me tente bien!!! merci par avance e votre réponse, cordialement lolotte

9. Deb Macauley says:

Some of the projects shown are wool roving that was a knit/pearl on large wooden needles. We are a small shepherd farm and this is one of the very first knit projects I have taught my students how to do with the wool they got from us. You can make a small picture frames and embellish on it, bath tub/floor mat for when you get out of the shower or a small throw to keep you warm on those cold nights. The possibilities are endless.

10. PK says:

“Knit one PURL two” It’s PURL, not pearl!

(But I adore these chunky knits/crochets)