Friday Finds

To kick off 2015 and celebrate the first birthday of Friday Finds, I thought I’d write down five things I plan to live by this year (and beyond). Though they may sound like glorified new year’s resolutions (cheesy is how I roll), my intent is for them be a source of encouragement, not enforcement. I’d love to hear yours if you’re inclined to share. Here’s to the new year!

Friday Finds from Annie Teng / sfgirlbybay

Top to bottom, left to right:

1. Pare down. Learn to live with less. Dress simply.
5. Eat mindfully. Slow down and savor. Cook.
3. Keep learning. Delve deeper into something you know. Pick up something new.
4. Listen better. Spend more time with loved ones, furry friends included.
5. Seek adventure. Get out of your comfort zone. Travel.

Happy Friday,
Annie

Comments
17 Responses to “Friday Finds”
  1. I think these are goals we can all stand to improve on…

2. not cheesy! these are great.

3. Tria says:

Happy birthday Friday Finds! What a meaningful and beautiful way to start out the new year <3

4. ck says:

i want to do all the above! and also add fitness/well being to it too! <3

5. Fany says:

Thanks for your Friday finds, I always love them !

6. kye says:

I make this kind as well – small in number and short in wording – much easier to remember. Lean Back – don’t offer (too much) unsolicited advice to my adult children; Participate – attend the meetings of groups I voluntarily belong to; Breathe; Just Do It. But I think I will add Mindful eating, and Seek adventure. Thanks!

7. Erin says:

Wow. That bed looks absolutely magnificent. Thanks for sharing!

8. Seeking adventure is one of my New Year’s resolutions too! // I saw a quote just now that I think you might appreciate: Do more with less :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey’s

9. First one is absolutely my resolution as well for this new year 2015… http://www.italianbark.com/2015-motto-decluttering-designtime-02/ thx for sharing!

10. Ella says:

A wonderful way to display/format goals for the new year. I think everyone could use a little work on all of these!

11. Tiff says:

Mine is similar + drink more water + get out of the house/off the computer more.

12. Anouk says:

Yes, learning to live with less is also one of my current priorities! But it’s a constant challenge…

13. Christina says:

Cheese is the best! These are just beautiful. And that bed/room looks so relaxing. Bliss.

14. annie g says:

I pick a word at the beginning of each year to define my main outlook. Last year, after a terrible December and too much pressure, it was CLARITY. This year, ready for a change, it is LESS. It applies to everything I do this year. Well, that is the idea. It really helps, especially if you are in a muddle or trying to make a decision.

15. We are all about simple & beautiful living this new year as well! Glad to know we are in good company! xoxo

16. P&F says:

Absolutely loved this article Thankyou so much for sharing!
    Cheers,
    P&F

17. Erin says:

YES to #5. Time to leave Stars Hollow, Rory! ;)