studio tour: jenny sharaf.
i’ve been a fan of san francisco-based artist jenny sharaf ever since i saw her work featured on tappan collective and blogged about it last march. so when jenny very kindly invited me to visit her studio in san franciso’s western edition last week, i was thrilled to take a spin over and have a look. walking into jenny’s small studio you are overwhelmed in the best way possible by the abundance of color! from the countless canvases that line the studio and are stacked on every surface, to the finished works by jenny covering all four walls to the 70’s gold shag carpet — it is, simply, an explosion of psychedelic inspiration.
this artist is so prolific and seemingly never sleeps — jenny just paints and paints and paints. quite possibly in order to keep up with the many art projects she’s got on her upcoming calendar — from exhibits of her work, to trunk shows to parking lot art fairs, jenny has got a lot going on! Here’s a list of all her upcoming events — I hope you can make it to one of them and see jenny’s incredible works of art in person. with works that explore generational shifts of feminism and the mythology of the California girl, i think you’ll find jenny sharaf’s work most empowering.
• Auction for The Artists at Incline Gallery on February 19th
• Trunk Show at Little Paper Planes on March 18th
• equilux, Southern Exposure’s Annual Fundraiser and Art Auction on March 21st
• Super Contemporary at Creativity Explored on April 30th
• Parking Lot Art Fair on May 15th
• Print All Over Fashion shoot in NYC next month for the Richard Prince Project