modern country.

modern country / sfgirlbybay

i love the work of photographer salvo lópez, and this home he shot for monocle magazine is a great example of just why i admire his work so much. he seems to capture the warmth and spirit of a home and make you feel as you’re right there visiting alongside him. this beautiful home belongs to creative couple Jeannette Altherr and Andrés Bluth — a home they built in the countryside after leaving the big city of Barcelona. it feels like a very well-loved home, filled with their unique treasures and some amazing mid-century modern finds — not to mention their wonderful collection of wooden spoons and ceramics. love it all!

modern country / sfgirlbybay

• all photography by salvo lópez for monocle magazine.

Comments
10 Responses to “modern country.”
  1. The pictures do exactly what they are supposed to do…..invite you into the coziness of this beautiful home. I LOVE all of the open shelving and the wooden fruit pedestal!

2. iclal says:

Love seeing home photos and this house is soo cozy! I love the book shelves, need to do the same thing for my studio office! Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend!

3. Kari says:

That black and white striped rug really makes the room pop!
    Kari

4. Laura says:

I am struck by the repetition of round shapes in this place. It’s really interesting – the round tables, the curved chairs, all the bowls and buckets, the big round hanging pendant light, the super round lightbulb in the first photo, the round paper floor light, all the little baubles on the shelves… once I started noticing it I saw it more and more.
    The space feels very serene. I like it so much – thank you for sharing!

5. Kim B. says:

Jealousy rears its ugly head — I’m so envious of them for having created this beautiful home for themselves to live in!!!

6. Christina says:

I’m with Kim B. When I try to put lovely objects together on sideboards or shelves it looks like clutter. When these clever people do it it looks fantastic!

7. Dominique says:

i really like the fireplace, do you know where it come from?

8. Kate says:

I think this is in my top 10 of houses. The homeowners must have spent some time in Japan – they have such beautiful collections.