calm, cool and collected.

calm, cool and collected / sfgirlbybay

this is such a pretty, light-filled apartment in LinnĂ©staden — a neighborhood in the central part of Gothenburg, sweden. built in 1885, it’s been given a modern facelift — they’ve added modern furnishings and lighting fixtures, and painted it a calming shade of pale green that looks really fresh with all that light streaming in. but they’ve kept all those turn of the century details intact — wide double doors, the high ceilings and gorgeous crown moldings. they just don’t make homes like this anymore, so when i see something this lovely, i just have to sigh and wonder why.

calm, cool and collected / sfgirlbybay

• photography courtesy of alvhem.

Comments
22 Responses to “calm, cool and collected.”
  1. Kim B. says:

Those pictures are all gorgeous, but I DIE for the entry hall with the harlequin wall paper, the lamp, the bench, the button pillow . . . those Swedish real estate sites are really the best.

2. Maria says:

I am in love with that paint color and that wood floor! So serene.

3. Love, love, love the green shades of wall paint. This home strikes such a great balance between earthy and airy elements.

4. Sara says:

I love the table top organizer with glass drawers!! If anyone knows where to buy such a thing I would be greatly appreciative! I own a plastic version that mechanics often use for storing nuts and bolts but this is much more desirable!

• KC says:

ME too. Have been searching for these for years! Pleeez, someone help a couple of girls out & tell us where you can find this!

5. emily says:

what amazing paint colors. love how they work with the brick. beautiful home!

6. Janneke says:

Wauw! The pale green color in the first pictures is the one I really want to have in our new home….. Does someone know which paint this is?

7. Cj says:

Paint colour looks like Farrow & Ball – ‘light blue’.

8. anne says:

I was working on a film this past couple of months and fell in love with the paint color on the walls in the kitchen of the brownstone we were in. So I asked the Set Designer what she used and said it was Light Blue by Farrow & Ball. I was hooked. It changes with the time of day from soft pale blue to a sage like green. It’s an amazing color. Trust me on this. Go for it.

9. Anne Lopes says:

Hello,
    I’m in love!
    Is the color in the living room also light blue?

10. Brenda says:

Does anyone know the name of the paint colour on the walls in the first 3 photos?? It’s perfect.

11. Ilsa says:

Can you please tell me how you treated the wooden floor (living room), I love the color of it. Is it pine floor?

12. Ties says:

Need to know more about the dining table! Sleepless nights! Who’s my hero?

13. Sarah Kuebler says:

What color is on these walls? Do we know what paint?

14. Lance Rivers says:

I was wondering if someone could tell me what king of paint was on the walls? I was wanting the one that looked like pale green.
    Lance Rivers