red, white and brilliant.

red, white + brilliant via avenue lifestyle / sfgirlbybay

i don’t think i could have predicted that i would find red floors alluring, but aren’t these special? it’s not just your average thought process — “let’s paint the floors red!” and takes a lot of courage. but these red floors look smashing! this dutch home styled by holly marder and photographed by jansje klazinga is lovely — with loads of vintage charm with great architectural features — those beautiful white wood beamed ceilings are in perfect contrast to the red floors and i love the eclectic mix of mismatched chairs. for the full tour, visit avenue lifestyle, which is a lovely blog by the way!

red, white + brilliant via avenue lifestyle / sfgirlbybay

red, white + brilliant via avenue lifestyle / sfgirlbybay

red, white + brilliant via avenue lifestyle / sfgirlbybay

red, white + brilliant via avenue lifestyle / sfgirlbybay

• styling by holly marder photography by jansje klazinga.

Comments
10 Responses to “red, white and brilliant.”
  1. oh i can’t imagine! wow did they pull it off. it’s like the red is a ‘neutral’ here. killer!

• Didi says:

Too funny. I thought the floors read (red) as a neutral too. Spectacular but yowza to the courage of painting brand new floors. Her blog really is lovely and the child’s bedroom is magical.

2. mlleparadis says:

oh man! could i get away with that? love!

3. Scares me to think about doing it, but what the heck? They’re stunning! Off to check out their blog…

4. Maja says:

Awesome awesome! I wanted to have colored floors ever since I saw it in Safe Heaven (she painted is yellow)! :)
    x M. / http://nevermindnm.blogspot.com/

5. Erin says:

The floors are fabulous, but I really love the excellent mix of chairs around that long table.

6. Kait says:

Oh wow, those floors are amazing!

7. Thank you, Victoria. This one was a lot of fun to style and certainly a challenge with those bright red floors. Holly x

8. zandra zuraw says:

My favorite thing about that first photo is that the deep, dark saturated red is on the bottom and the colors get lighter and lighter as your eye goes up to the ceiling. It makes the whole thing look beautiful rather than too over-the-top. (And I’m a color enthusiast so I don’t always mind “over-the-top”). But this view into the kitchen/dining area is just perfect. Thanks for sharing!