guest room makeover: the complete look.

guest bedroom decor inspiration. / sfgirlbybay

yesterday, i shared my collaboration with EBTH to bring in pieces to give my guest room makeover that vintage-modern vibe i was going for, including the vintage portraits, artwork and ceramic collection. and today, i’m sharing the full reveal and resources for you. i partnered with a few of my favorite brands to bring the room to life and am loving the final look.  i had in mind a kind of old hollywood theme and i started with the land of nod jenny lind bed as the main focus of the room and worked around that dramatic black frame and built up the room from there. i’d heard wonderful things about ease of delivery and how comfy they are, so we topped the jenny lind bed with a queen size mattress from casper and it did not disappoint. i only hope guests won’t decide to linger too long.

bohemian modern guest bedroom. / sfgirlbybay

i also wanted the look of layered black & white bedding, so i went hunting on serena & lily and found a multitude of great options. what you see here is the Woven Stripe Quilt and a pair of euro pillow shams — love the tufted details on these! the sheets are their dipsea design in black & white, and for the layering, i went with their Macramé Bed Skirt, the Casablanca Pom Throw and topped those pieces with their charcoal gray Utility Canvas Throw. as emeril likes to say, bam! the black accent pillow is from lawson fenning in silver lake — an amazing home accessories store if you’ve never checked it out.

wall light from bloomingville in guest bedroom. / sfgirlbybay

to set the stage for the old Hollywood look i wanted, i found these vintage barkcloth drapery panels at TravelStitch on etsy, and I added Metal Curtain Eyelet Rings from amazon. we hung the curtain on my favorite window hardware — west elm’s Rubbed Iron adjustable Industrial Pipe Rod. i also added some reading light for my guests — a lovely pair of simple matte black wall sconces from bloomingville. i found the vintage wicker table on EBTH and the little rattan table lamp on etsy at the robot parade and because this room gets direct sunlight all day, i added a black ceiling fan from all modern to create a nice cool breeze.

vintage decor in guest bedroom. / sfgirlbybay

we added some personal touches for my guests, like a woven fringed sun hat from indego africa for hot L.A. days, and also from indego africa, their cute pom pom floor basket full of throws for cooler nights. i found the black rattan vintage magazine rack at the pasadena city college flea market to hold all kinds of great designs magazines for my guests (and some good gossipy ones, too). and to warm up the room, i added a sisal rug from all modern and the white roman shades are from barn & willow. i’ve had the black dresser and vintage eames rocker forever, so i think that’s about it! we’re ready for guests!

nude portait painting hung over guest bed. / sfgirlbybayblack and white layered bedding via serena & lily. / sfgirlbybayindigo africa woven fringe summer hat and pom pom basket. / sfgirlbybaywicker bedside table. / sfgirlbybayguest bedroom makeover reveal. / sfgirlbybaylight-filled guest bedroom black and white decor. / sfgirlbybay

• photography by lily glass for sfgirlbybay.

This is a sponsored post in trade partnership with some of the products linked to in this post and all words and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep sfgirlbybay going with fresh content every day.

Comments
28 Responses to “guest room makeover: the complete look.”
  1. Emily says:

Ah this turned out so good! I remember seeing this on Instagram when you were in the beginning stages. You also got me hooked on EBTH! You found some really amazing things on there, like those old paintings. Definitely on the hunt for something similar!

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

2. Ardith says:

Hello, Victoria. As expected, your guest room looks fantastic. There is the luscious and tactile mix of textures, with just the right pop of color and pattern to make the room even more special. Cheers, Ardith

3. Susan L. says:

Love the entire room but those draperies have me experiencing some serious envy. Just the pop of color needed. Can I break the room in? ;->

4. CeCe says:

Absolutely stunning, with the attention to detail just perfect. But those curtains! Oh my. Seriously inspired. Thank you.

5. CeCe says:

I do have a question Victoria. How comfortable is the sisal rug on the feet? I love to go barefoot and don’t want anything that is too harsh. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks so much.

6. Marielle says:

You are going to make some very happy guests!! Très joli. :)
    xx

7. Karen says:

So beautiful. And inviting. And warm. I love everything about this room. I’m so going to use this room as a model when I redo my own bedroom. Thanks.

8. Amy says:

Those drapes! Love the entire room, but they are my favorite. Any ideas on the brand / manufacturer? The search begins…

9. What a beautiful guest room! That bed looks beyond comfy, I love the bedding you picked out and the window treatment are the perfect touch!

10. Wendy says:

Can I come visit?
    Lovely!

11. Jen O says:

This inspiring guest room is beautiful. I also love that you included a ceiling fan, and it looks just great. It seems like fans have fallen from grace, while in fact they are so practical to have, IMO. Thanks for showing how it can be done with style.

12. Isobel says:

Hello Victoria,
    Beautiful job designing your Guest Room and thanks for the mention in your blog. I have had so many customers reach out for vintage curtains like yours! So glad that you are enjoying them.
    Sincerely,
    Isobel @ TravelStitch

13. Kelly says:

I like lot of others LOVE the curtains. I’m curious tho how the romaine shades are working out for you? They look like casual chic goodness. But are they as great in person and function well? Any lessons learned as I’m in the market? Thanks!!

14. Rachel says:

Beautiful! I just moved into a new room and am getting excited to decorate. I have a long, short window just like yours…where is the off-white curtain from?

15. Anne Magege says:

Love new rooftop garden from skinny laminx
    Beautiful colors saved to my pinterest

16. Carolsue says:

I pinned my favorite item, the Aperture Pillow
    Digicats {at} Sbcglobal {dot} Net

17. katherine says:

I would love to know where you bought the roman shade. I’ve been looking for one just like it to finish off my room.

18. Rose says:

Im in a black/white whole house decor stage but just did my guest room w/ SW Sea Salt paint and coral accents. Then I see this room!! Oiy. I have tweaking to do!! I think I have to repaint white or (white dove) and my coral accents will go nicely! At least you got me before painting my dresser white…it’s going black now! Have a nice bamboo shelf too but needs refurbishing or painting. So inspired!! Love the pom throw but $498 gasp! Gotta find a less expensive version. Btw, I have a Lucy too, that has incidents too! Had to get rid of a nice sisal. Thnx again! Beautiful!! – Rose

19. Beth says:

Dying over those curtains! Could you post a picture that shows the pattern more completely, maybe with the curtains closed? Since I can’t find anything close to them, I want to try to replicate it! Thanks :)