’tis friday folks, and i’m ready for the weekend! it’s been a nice week though — i found out i won bloglovin’s best home decor blog which both shocks and thrills me, and i so appreciate all of you who so kindly voted. i’m also planning a few of my favorite things — a little gardening time which always chills me out, some reading (all the light we cannot see) and the long beach flea market is sunday, so i plan to try and make it out there. ever been? it’s a good one. i hope you all have a relaxing weekend planned doing whatever it is you love best!
- there is something so yin & yang about this photo — a home designed in Sabaudia, Italy by architect Stefano Dorata.
- have you ever visited inside closet? a very inspiring blog of very personal home tours, and this tour is lovely.
- i need a new hammock and wholestory will build a home for NICARAGUAN FAMILies in need for every 100 hammocks sold — so i think we all need one!
- the ojai valley inn and spa is on my list of must-visits, and this is such a pretty post about it.
- i love everything about this interior — the khai lew credenza, the floors and that portrait. spot on, killer cool.
- i find sea fans so zen looking, don’t you? the new york times has an interesting article on how to meditate that’s supposed to be very straightforward and easy to understand. i think i might try to find my zen there.
- i’ve been considering removing the ceiling in my kitchen and exposing the white beamed ceiling underneath it — this pretty look gives me that extra nudge i need.
i’m currently going gaga for this playful home located in ibiza. makes sense that its inhabitants are dutch designers who focus on ecological textiles for youngins. it’s straight out of a contemporary fairytale with whimsical elements all coming in electric shades, against a clean white canvas. the island was specifically chosen to house their dream destination — as everywhere they turn there’s a dose of pure inspiration. let’s just say they’ve mastered the craft of the unexpected.
• photography via nuevo estilo.
i’m always in for bringing the outside indoors — you’re no stranger to the multitude of inspirational images out there of different ways to decorate with flora. but this time around i’m sayin’ bring it all inside with your favorite photographers’ outdoor snapshots. these days there’s no shortage of amazingly affordable websites where you can purchase prints of such divine moments captured — no need to find a framer, most will do it for you. such an art collection will immediately make any space feel that much more modern, and give you some art-savvy street cred.
1. i dig the classic contrast welting on west elm’s new commune armless sofa.
this time my picks for new & noteworthy are all about the neutrals — creamy whites, black and cozy brown — like Sean McNanney’s dreamy cashmere blankets — sigh, that is just a thing of beauty! i guess, whether i’m ready or not we’re headed into autumn after all.
4. brooklyn-based designer Sean McNanney’s saved NY cashmere blankets are just to curl up and die for.
5. this is a mighty fine looking Lacquered Haverhill Daybed from anthropologie.
6. coffee anyone? yes please in these polka dot black matte mugs from personify; 7. schoolhouse electric’s two tiered side table is quite smart looking; 8. such a pretty design — the Thin Led Brass Lamp BY JUNIPER DESIGN from steven alan; 9. i love terrain’s Half Moon Wicker Log Basket — would be great for magazines or blankets, too.
10. this mini smeg fridge makes me want to live in lilliputian and only eat tiny food just so i can have this.