happy friday everyone - here are some of my favorite pins of the week. enjoy!
no. 1 – a gorgeous floral shot from a “flower child” feature on hannah lemholt’s blog
no. 2 – a natural uncut herkimer crystal on a 9ct rose lightning shaped band from plümo
no. 3 - words of truth from the whitney english blog
no. 4 - bright and playful packaging for bonnard a mexican french inspired tea and confectionary shop
no. 5 – a set of frosted glassware by stelton that was inspired by ice forming on a window
have a wonderful weekend!
aaron from i heart luxe
you know that moment when you’re hearing yourself say ‘omg, i’m stalking this person online’? no, you don’t? i have it all the time where i’ve got a mad crush on someone’s work and i don’t really know the artist, but still there they are on twitter, or instagram or pinterest and i’m ‘liking’ everything they share. well, in this case that person is food & lifestyle photographer nicole franzen. i’ve seen her work from afar for so long that i kind of know an image of hers is hers before i actually check. she’s got very recognizable talent and a common thread in her work that i love — and the lighting is perfection. it makes me want to hop into her photographs and live there for just a little while. or maybe eat one of the beautiful meals she prepares and shares on her blog la buena vida. anyway, i’ve gushed enough, here’s new york-based photographer nicole franzen’s lovely, lovely work. you may start stalking her, too.
In anticipation of Modernica’s coveted Factory Sale on May 18th in Los Angeles, Modernica is hosting a giveaway for SFGirlbybay readers! During their one-day sale event in L.A., you’ll have a rare chance to purchase a full range of products at 20% – 70% off, and if you can’t make the sale, Modernica will be having a sale online as well from Friday May 17th –Sunday, May 19th with 15% Off site-wide, including clearance items with the code: FactorySale. Some Select Vintage Items are also available!
So to celebrate their big sale, Modernica is giving away one of their gorgeous small white Case Study Planters! their design originated during the highly prolific period in architecture and home furnishing designs immediately following WW2. The new designs promoted a new attitude towards incorporating your home with a modern lifestyle and the object itself functioned as a direct reflection of the home owner’s aesthetic. It was this combination of the aesthetic purity of Modernism with the idea of good design for all that launched the planter’s massive appeal into popular culture.
As an important part of this lineage, Modernica’s Case Study Planters are pure and elegant in form. Their bowl shapes are available in two sizes and in two matte colors: charcoal and white.
To win the Modernica Small White Case Study Ceramic Bowl With Black Metal Stand, simply:
• hop on over to modernica’s Facebook page and “like” their page by thursday, may 16th.
• comment back here letting us know you ‘liked’ their facebook page to enter to win.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• sorry, but this time the giveaway applies to U.S. residents, only.
• this post in partnership with Modernica. all opinions are my own.
do you ever feel like you’re being watched? maybe you like feeling watched over — if that’s the case then decorating with vintage portrait paintings may be just the niche for you. i love a good portrait and i like them in groupings, but i also like a solo painting just hanging there mocking me, looking a bit wry and quite unexpected. i find them whimsical and interesting and i feel they add a certain sense of humor to the room. i mean, they’re usually just so dead serious looking you can’t help but grin just a little. no room is held sacred — from bearded aristocrats in in the kitchen to suspicious looking schoolmarms in the loo, everyone is watching you.
it’s all heavy metals out there lately, friends. everywhere i look there’s shiny brass, copper, and gold orbs staring me down like planets rich beyond our dreams. pretty globe and pendant lamps that come in every shape and size known to man, and martian alike. new and noteworthy and right on trend. i’ve got lots of other options lighting pinned here as well. here’s a few out of this world lighting pieces i’d love to see floating around my hemisphere right now.
1. onefortythree brass socket string lights; 2. godfrey copper pendant lamp from lightly; 3. swinging brass wall lamp from onefortythree; 4. small godfrey copper pendant lamp from lightly; copper pendant lamp as seen in mohv property.
6. tom dixon pendant via covet garden.
7. tom dixon copper pendant via femina; 8. another tom dixon brass pendant via bolig liv; 9. Wiley Industrial Cord Pendant in Polished Copper from west elm; 10. land of nod modern gold clip lamp; 11. nightwood bell jar brass and copper pendant lights; 12. lightyears Calabash Gold pendant lamp.
13. curt fischer brass Adjustable “Midgard” wall lamp from phillips; 14. michele varian brass aperture lamp; 15. canvas menton hammered matte silver pendant lamp; 16. Small Ball Gold Rope Light from plug; and 17. gold pendant lamp via bolig liv.