happy friday one and all! i’m checking off my to-do list and readying myself for my trip to cuba tomorrow and wanted to wish you all a very happy thanksgiving while i’m away! we’ll be popping in with posts next week, but i’ll be offline (that is, unless i find some wifi hotspots) so i won’t be around to wish you a happy day filled with family, friends and hopefully some much-deserved rest & relaxation and of course, some really good eats! best wishes until i return on the 29th, xo victoria
- need something unique and pretty to wear over the holidays? i got myself a couple of these pretty necklaces from ruhling // woven.
- this beautiful arrangement of succulents is from a new book out called house of plants — wouldn’t it make a pretty thanksgiving table centerpiece?
- i love block shop’s natural dyed textiles — not only can you wrap yourself in beauty, but they make great wall hangings, or perhaps a table runner, too — the trifecta!
- need something cute, but comfy and loose enough to cover up second helpings this thanksgiving? might i suggest one of salty & pine’s super cute caftans.
- if you’re lacking pretty table linens, designlovefest has you covered with these DIY fabric dying ideas.
- and lastly, got some outdoor space? how about thanksgiving dinner under a tent. this looks likely to smooth over any leftover political angst this holiday.
seems to good to be true — you stop for gas, and find an oasis of pinot instead? napa’s new hot-spot (or hot-stop rather), is tank garage winery — an old service station transformed into a super chic wine country destination. owned by the people from regusci winery, they wanted a more celebratory, casual approach to the wine experience. we say take the same approach to your wardrobe with a knit jumpsuit, and turtleneck combo. you know you’ll want to snap some memories, so eye-catching accessories gotta make the cut. this week’s read this there is the perfect road trip read-aloud, aziz ansari’s modern romance.
~ michaela dartois, vérité published.
wear this there: zara strappi jumpsuit; front row shop oversized leopard wool coat; modern citizen 14k gold dropped bar necklace; h&m turtleneck; read this there modern romance by aziz ansari; aldo blush faux fur sphere cross body bag from asos; zara leather ankle boots with metal heel; credo beauty prat nyc alister stella gray rose nail polish.
have you come across snowe yet? snowe is a lovely new home brand that makes life (and the highest quality home essentials) so much easier on us. they carry the collections we need to make our homes feel complete, but not cluttered — beautiful basics that blend well with everything you own — everything from the highest quality bath and bedding to Limoges white porcelain table settings to sophisticated but durable Essential Glassware and bar starter sets that just feel good in your hand. snowe’s collections come separately, or bundled which makes for the perfect present for new homeowners setting up their first kitchens, to couples celebrating a new life together (think his & her robe sets complete with candles). their gifts collection is so well-curated it takes all the overthinking out of your holiday shopping. and to celebrate, snowe is giving away a $500 giftcard towards any merchandise of the winner’s choosing (that’s a whole lotta gifts — even if just for yourselves!).
to enter to win a $500 gift card towards anything of your choice from snowe, simply:
• pin one of your favorite pieces from snowe’s gift collection to your pinterest account.
• comment below, letting us know you’ve pinned one of your favorites from snowe’s gift collection.
• please comment by thursday, november 24th 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• yay! this giveaway is available worldwide, but free shipping to the winner only applies to the continental U.S.. please be aware if you should win and live out of the U.S. you will need to pay shipping costs.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account the week of november 28th, so be sure and follow along.
as you may have seen on instagram, i’m bound for cuba this weekend! some friends and i have booked a trip there for a week with coast to costa tours and i couldn’t be more excited! cuba has long been on my list of places that i’ve wanted to visit, and especially before it changes too much. i want to see it in all its faded glory and meet the people that have made it their home under embargo for more than 50 years. i watched anthony bourdain’s parts unknown on cuba and its fast changing cultural landscape last night and it was quite eye-opening, so i can only image our trip will be as well. we’re going to havana, trinidad and vinales over the course of the week, and will be staying in old colonial, classic Cuban homes. i got a lot of great tips on my instagram post (very helpful if you are headed there anytime soon) but would love any input you may have here, as well. we’ll be popping in with some scheduled posts (with a great giveaway later today!), tomorrow and again next week, but there’s very little in any wifi in cuba so i will be out of touch after tomorrow and see you back here on November 29th. until then, my friends!