1. i dig the classic contrast welting on west elm’s new commune armless sofa.
this time my picks for new & noteworthy are all about the neutrals — creamy whites, black and cozy brown — like Sean McNanney’s dreamy cashmere blankets — sigh, that is just a thing of beauty! i guess, whether i’m ready or not we’re headed into autumn after all.
4. brooklyn-based designer Sean McNanney’s saved NY cashmere blankets are just to curl up and die for.
5. this is a mighty fine looking Lacquered Haverhill Daybed from anthropologie.
6. coffee anyone? yes please in these polka dot black matte mugs from personify; 7. schoolhouse electric’s two tiered side table is quite smart looking; 8. such a pretty design — the Thin Led Brass Lamp BY JUNIPER DESIGN from steven alan; 9. i love terrain’s Half Moon Wicker Log Basket — would be great for magazines or blankets, too.
10. this mini smeg fridge makes me want to live in lilliputian and only eat tiny food just so i can have this.
credenzas are so multi-functional. they look great as an entryway piece, a dining room buffet, cocktail bar, and people are even using them as bathroom vanities. should you tire of them in one spot, simply move them to another and give them a whole new purpose. there’s a variety of mid-century modern shapes, styles, and sizes out there. they’re perfect little storage spaces, too — ideal for displaying collections and artwork, but secret stash spots for all those unsightlies you just want to hide away. i found an abundance of vintage beauties on chairish and saved a bunch to my favorites for you — just in case you’re on the hunt.
my chairish favorites, top to bottom: Danish Modern Vintage Bar Credenza; Custom Vintage Style Credenza; Walnut Steel Top Credenza; Mid Century Modern Custom Credenza; Teak Media Counsel Credenza; Gershun for American of Martinsville Credenza.
obviously, i am begrudgingly tiptoeing towards fall. apologies all around, i just can’t help but keep falling for these beautiful beach homes. this is the Mediterranean home of lifestyle designer & stylist jessica bataille located in the coastal town of alicante, spain featured on micasa. one peek at this place and i was ready to set that pretty table, break out the spanish tapas and sangria and whip up some paella! with the perfectly whitewashed walls, rustic blue shutters the color of the sea, and those very cool rattan roll-up shades everything about this spot is on point. light, airy and spare, but cozy it looks to me like the perfect beachy retreat.
• photography via micasa.