isn’t this such a calming, neutral space? featured (for rent!) on real estate site fantastic frank, it’s a charming apartment in Södermalm, a district and island in central Stockholm. i’m in love with that lovely terrace garden, the whitewashed wood floors, and the simple Scandinavian furnishings — especially those unique dining chair backs. for the full tour (just in case you’re looking for a spot to live in stockholm!) visit fantastic frank.
• photography courtesy of fantastic frank.
i’ve a got a wee case of the blues these days. anyone else? there’s so much divisiveness in the air after our election and i worry about it — i just can’t seem to shake it. but i’m trying to have faith and feel empowered by so much positive action being taken around the country by so many groups — especially on behalf of rights for women and the disenfranchised. no matter how you voted, half the country voted the other way, and that is telling in itself. so i’m trying to keep openminded and wish well for our country. and i’m really hoping my upcoming trip to cuba, and its bright, colorful landscape, will help me to turn this frown upside down. until then, i’m drawn to the moody mix of cool and warm blues in these rooms and the calm and cozy feeling they create.
sometimes it’s difficult to surprise loved ones with just the perfect gift, and i like to put a little thought into my holiday presents and hostess gifts — with so many parties this time of year, it’s nice to bring something unique to the event to thank a hostess properly. i like to give vintage gifts that i know my friends and family will really cherish — things that they like to collect, like vintage kitchen wares, or ceramics, even scandinavian home accessories. i went hunting on chairish for affordable hostess gifts and found a slew of vintage ideas. here’s just a few of my very favorites.
1. Mid Century Woven Rattan Magazine Rack; 2. Bauer Bursche Olive Green Ceramic Pitcher; 3. Yellow Cathrineholm Lotus Saucier Pan; 4. Green Studio Pottery Bottle; 5. Mid-Century Cast Iron Fondue Pot with Teak Handle; 6. Vintage Russel Wright Salt & Pepper Shakers; 7. Danish Teak Ice Bucket with Copper Scoop; 8. pair of Natural Wood Danish Modern Candleholders; 9. Stangl Leaf Shaped Pottery Bowl; 10. Cathrineholm Yellow Lotus Dutch Oven Casserole.
i love a case study fiberglass chair probably more than any chair ever designed – it’s comfy and a classic with beautiful lines. i could happily have one in an assortment of colors, and display them proudly as a collection. the the mid-century modern treasure can be found in a variety of yummy rainbow colors at modernica. to celebrate the beauty of this chair, we’re giving away a case study fiberglass rocker or any fiberglass chair of your choice.
to enter to win an fiberglass chair of your choice from modernica, simply:
• pin one of your favorite fiberglass chairs to your pinterest account.
• comment below, letting us know you’ve pinned one of your favorite fiberglass chairs.
• please comment by tuesday, november 22nd 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• yay! this giveaway a case study fiberglass chair is available worldwide, but free shipping to the winner only applies to the continental U.S.. please be aware if you should win and live out of the U.S. you will need to pay shipping costs.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account the week of november 28th, so be sure and follow along.