it’s easy to get inspired by Danish interior design company Ferm Living’s newest collection — i find the color palette and styling to be unsurpassed this season! ferm living has launched its new Spring/Summer 2015 collection, inspired by bauhaus classics using strictly geometric shapes, including this great brass hexagon pot. smashing! here’s a peek at a few more of my favorites, but have a look at the whole lovely catalog.
“It is not possible to be in favor of justice for some people and not be in favor of justice for all people.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Top to bottom, left to right:
1. A house in its purest form, Japanese-inspired, found in Switzerland.
2. Behold, the miniature frozen yogurt cake! An edible work of art.
3. This half-up knot is the epitome of low-maintenance chic.
4. Smitten with Need Supply’s Pre-Spring 2015 looks.
5. Take me to this fireplace!
i must say, this is a fabulous apartment. but what kind of sends this danish modern dream spot over the top are those cacti, right? that pop of green without trying very hard at all (after all, succulents and cacti are so self-sufficient!) just makes this room come to life. it helps that there’s all those great mid-century modern finds of course — i spy wegner and eames chairs galore. and then that lovely natural light, too — all the more perfect for our cacti friends to thrive in denmark.
i’m very happy that the first giveaway of the year is from one of my lovely, longtime sponsors, see design — i couldn’t be more proud to have see design represented here on sfgirlbybay and excited to be giving away a $150 gift code to a very lucky winner for anything you select from see design’s many collections — from home wares to fashion, you’re going to have a hard time choosing! See Design began in 2008 as Donna Gormanʼs vision combining her love of pattern, her passion for travel, and her pursuit of beauty in accessible, everyday objects.
donna custom prints her colorful, hand painted patterns in India and has them sewn into see design’s lovely lifestyle products. Simple cotton voile shirts, dresses and sarongs are decorated with her original designs. The collection also features heavyweight cotton canvas accessories, table linens, quilts and pillow covers. the beauty of see design’s Patterns is that they can easily be mixed and matched to create interesting combinations and color stories. i’ve shown a lot of black and pink here (my personal favorites!), but donna’s designs come in an array of bold colors — from chartreuse green to tomato red.
to enter to $150 gift code from see design, simply.
• visit see design and have a look around.
• comment below sharing what you love from the collections.
• please comment by friday, january 23rd, 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• sorry, this time the giveaway is for U.S. residents only.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random on my twitter account the week january 26th, so be sure and follow along.