i’m still really a fan of the fun idea of portrait paintings popping up in unexpected places. i saw emily tweet about it last week and i really trust her taste, so there’s that. and then i realized that i had pinned a ton more images lately with this vintage vibe to share with you. i used to have a whole collection on my walls and then i needed a change, but i do like the notion of a surprise portrait here and there. they’re always conversation starters for one thing, and i just like the sense of humor they evoke. my dad always used to ask me “but who are these people?” and that just cracked me up — so I made up stories and family histories for all my portraits. just another way to add personality (literally) to your collections.
what is more charming than a mid-summer’s eve dining experience in a somewhat unknown locale that can only host just over a dozen guests? the Garret east, new york’s tiny cocktail experience is beckoning you to join for a dimly lit drink. throw on your summer whites and pop of pink — and when you’re ready to cuddle up close over a bowl of something hearty, head out back to the hidden spot dinnertable. don’t have a date? dab on some epic love essential oil, and grab the eternal summer read, the importance of being earnest. wilde always makes the best companion.
~ michaela d’artois, vérité published.
wear this there: front row shop white two piece hollow out midi dress; zara faux leather jacket; prism boutique montclair bronze beach sunglasses; baggu pink mini purse; ego aimee lace up pointed flat; read this there the importance of being earnest by oscar wilde; credo beauty epic love essential oil blend; marrin costello callie choker.
for this edition of new and noteworthy i thought it might be nice to round up some fun and unique father’s day gift ideas for you. some that are a little different and special, like a private masseuse delivered to dad’s door, perhaps? here’s some thoughts on pop.
1. zeel lets you book same-day, in-home massages with the best licensed massage therapists in 32 cities around the united states. ahhhh, zen for dad — time to chill. AND, zeel is inviting you to use code DAD25 for $25 off your first Zeel Massage — to be used to purchase first massages for Dad or applied to a gift card purchase for Dad. This promotion expires 6/20/16. you can download the app here or book online.
2. i love the idea of making a soundtrack for father’s day. i make tons of playlists on spotify and it’s affordable and super easy to mix your own music. this is a genius ‘wes anderson’ themed playlist created by photographer liz osban to give you some inspiration; 3. how about framing a custom print for dad from artifact uprising? if you’ve got a memorable, sentimental instagram of you and pop — simply upload it and frame it! they are very kindly offering a discount code as well! enter SFGBB10 valid for 10% off, one use per customer valid through June 18th! 4. i have fond memories of the crazy forts my dad built for us — remind your dad of those days with this adorable pillow fort architect button. maybe decorate your gift with it!
5. not great at taking your own pictures? that’s okay, permenant press editions has some really clever prints perfect for pop. that vintage comb print just kills me — i can see my dad now, with the pomade, running that comb through his wavy locks.
6. hey, hey — how about a pizza pool float from ban.do? if pop’s got a pool this is just the thing — a little slice of heaven.
7. how about surprising dad with a picnic date for two — just you and him in the great outdoors. add this los angeles blanket from the ace for the perfect place to plop; 8. dad’s dig pizza. everybody knows that. so here’s the bible of where to eat pizza fron phaidon– a must-have for father’s everywhere. 9. maybe your kiddos would like to give dad something fun to hang all their pics and artwork from. in that case try the metal photo clips string set from urban outfitters. right on budget for youthful allowences.
10. if dad’s a little more on the traditional side, this is a pretty rad and practical first aid kit from best made co. it’s pretty perfecto for pops who like to take care of the family.