just in time for holiday celebrations, Women & Whiskies and i have a lovely cocktail recipe for you to toast to this season! you’re going to love this Boulevardier, using Wild Turkey Rare Breed whiskey. So sophisticated and pretty! one of the best things about partnering with the awesome gals from Women & Whiskies is learning new cocktail recipes, getting educated on various kinds of whiskies, and the real plus? it also feels super cool to walk up to a bartender and know what the heck I want to order and how to order it.
i also think you’re really going to be over the moon for this giveaway, too. because the stylish folks at DwellStudio are giving away their Connaught Bar Cart to one lucky reader! if you’ve not been fortunate enough to stumble upon DwellStudio before, it’s a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings with stunning homewares and furniture collections, like this bar cart we’ll be giving away (valued at $1,476)!
here’s a few notes on the Boulevardier cocktail you might like to know:
• it’s a delicious aperitif — it’s like a Negroni but with whiskey instead of gin. Anything with Campari is great for the holidays because of the beautiful red color — so perfect to serve before thanksgiving dinner!
• There have been some misperceptions about Wild Turkey in the past so it’s great to know that Wild Turkey uses only NON-GMO, USA-grown grains — and no shortcuts when it comes to ingredients! If any, very few American Whiskey brands can claim this. Wild Turkey use #4 char on their new American Oak barrels — the deepest (and most expensive) char that gives the whiskey incredible depth in flavor. Master Distiller Jimmy Russell is the longest-tenured active spirits distiller in the world! So yeah, he pretty much knows what he’s doing. He just celebrated his 60th year at Wild Turkey.
• And finally, Wild Turkey Rare Breed in particular is A blend of 6-, 8-, and 12-year old bourbons. It is a “barrel-proof bourbon” meaning no water is added after distilling and aging to dilute the flavor. It’s weighing in at 112.8 proof — they aren’t messing around!
• comment below, and tell us what you love about whiskey cocktails.
• follow Women & Whiskies on instagram.
• please comment by monday, november 17th, 12pm PST.
• as always, be sure to leave a way to reach you via twitter, facebook, email or your website.
• sorry, but this time the giveaway is for U.S. residents only.
• we’ll announce a winner selected by random number generator on my twitter account later in the week of november 17th, so be sure and follow along.
• all photography by cindy loughridge for sfgirlbybay.
if i were able to build a dream house, i think hiring ooox architects might be a good place to start. this home they designed and renovated in the hills of Golčův Jeníkov, in the Czech republic is stunning. this modern, barn-like home is so perfect with it’s white floors and exposed beamed ceilings, and i love the rustic white brick paired with modern touches like that staircase to the loft bedroom. that kitchen is great, too — i want that white smeg fridge. the whole place is so cosy and yet minimal, airy and bright. and what a perfect place to dine, with that incredible view through that big picture window. sigh. such a lucky soul that inhabits this living space.
• all photography courtesy of ooox architects.
Top to bottom, left to right:
1. A pared-down String shelving display paired with a rubber tree
2. Home inspiration from a self-proclaimed “Craigslist addict”
3. This easy-to-DIY Macramé hanging planter
4. Rich, creamy, and simple homemade almond butter
5. Drooling over these cinnamon and raisin knots
this is the lovely work of brooklyn-based photographer alec hemer. i recently discovered his work through yet again this pretty victorian featured on lonny (so very six degrees of separation). with clients like abc carpet & home, anthology, and living etc. i love the way he captures the natural light and mood of a room, and each picture tells a lovely story of the people who inhabit these very inspiring, eclectic and stunning spaces. for more of his work, check out alec hemer’s online portfolio.
• all photos by alec hemer.
on wednesday this week i posted about the gorgeous victorian home of roger + chris, featured on lonny. and when writing the post, i hopped on over to check out what their furniture and homewares collection, roger + chris was all about. i couldn’t have been more thrilled and surprised to find such a colorful and fun collection. I mean, just look at these bold, colorful upholstery pieces and the super fun artwork (a modern twist on paint by numbers? yes please!). their tagline is ‘the home of the unboring home’ and nothing could be closer to the truth. I also love their ‘about page‘, which states: “Howdy! Thanks so much for reading about us. You must be very bored at work.” i read that and could tell i liked these guys already. here’s a look at their fabulous furniture, and some styling inspiration from roger + chris’ client projects.
• all images courtesy of roger + chris.