sometimes it’s tricky to pick out just the perfect frame — should it be black, white, or maybe natural wood? you know what i mean — sometimes you just want the artwork to speak for itself. artifact uprising has created the perfect solution to solve that problem — the float frame! they invited me to upload a few of my instagrams and i created a gallery for my office i like to call ‘pink L.A.’. if you follow me on instagram, y’all know of my love for bougainvillea blooms and unique architecture abundant around los angeles. so i selected a few of my favorite Instagrams reflecting just that and uploaded to artifact uprising online.
artifact uprising then creates Inkjet-printed giclée prints with 100% archival inks and laminates them between Frame-Grade Acrylic with excellent UV performance — not too much glare! they come Hang-Ready including brass coated bolts and screws and easy templates you hang up first on your wall before drilling any holes — so simple! and there’s a how-to video to watch, to make it even easier. their acrylic frames are available in five different sizes, and arrive on your doorstep ready to hang. i love the way my frames turned out — light, bright and very art gallery-like.
• photography by lily glass for sfgirlbybay.
happy friday, y’all! i shared some of my kitchen remodeling ideas with you yesterday, and another thing i’m thinking about doing with my kitchen makeover is busting through the false ceiling and exposing the natural beams beneath — like in my living room and bedroom. i love these looks — so rustic and cozy, but painted white gives them a modern touch. here’s to the weekend everyone — have a great one! xo, victoria
- raise the roofbeams! doesn’t this make this room feel so much larger?
- i love the idea of a modern lighting fixture with the rustic beams, too. so inspired by serena mitnik-miller’s topanga home.
- high ceilings and white beams just brighten up a kitchen like this one from vtwonen.
- this kitchen doesn’t have the beams but i do like the idea of a skylight.
- villa palmier has a beautiful and enviable high-vaulted white beamed ceilings.
- these kitchen ceilings are pretty too – but they’ve left the beams au natural wood.
- these au natural beams are a bit more rustic, but i love them too!